Sunday, January 17, 2010

I Have Decided to Take Up the Gauntlet!


Flower in my garden

I have decided that this year is going to be my year of writing and trying to become published, as Anna says on her site, A Year Of Writing, Dangerously.  I'm going to start viewing my writing as a vocation rather than a hobby.  It will be my year of serious writing.  I will find out if I have what it takes or should I relegate it to the back burner as a hobby or just a journal. I want to find out.  Just as the flower in the picture above, I need to grow, so 2010 will be my year of growing.  Usually I have only used this site to post my Tuesday Morning Writing or Friday's Loose Bloggers Consortium, but from now on it's going to be my research site, my sharing of what I discover this year in regards to writing.  Now, I'm going to do a plug for a couple of sites that are advanced and offer so much in helping people like me.  I've already mentioned Anna's site above, but the second site I go to continually is Elizabeth's site, Mystery Writing is Murder, because she offers so much usable information.  It's written in such a way that, as a beginner, I learn and can use so much of what she posts. Another site is Patricia's, Communication Exchange,  mainly to learn about my grammar usage.

So, if you would like to join me in writing, leave a comment so I can include you in my blogroll!

2 comments:

sheeza said...

best of luck with your all new year resolutions.....

:)

Grannymar said...

Good luck with the writing, May 2010 be a good year for words!