Friday, January 22, 2010

LBC-Doubts and Regrets

The Loose Bloggers Consortium, is an informal group of bloggers who post on a given topic each FridayOne topic is posted, then each member gives it their individual treatment. The current members are, in aphabetical order:
 ANU, ASHOK, CONRAD, GAELIKAA, GINGERGRANNYMAR , HELEN, MAGPIE11, MARIA, (MARIANNA is on hiatus and RUMMUSER .


**********************************

I don't know if I can cover all my doubt and regret in one sitting. One real regret I have, happened several years ago, back in my twenties. I came into contact with a woman, about my age,at that time. She was an acquaintance, someone I had met at a church social, once, and Sunday School a couple of times. The class passed out sheets with our telephone numbers. She called me several time, but we only talked once. She was a very troubled person. Not too long after meeting her, I felt I should call her, but I didn't. One of those calls I put off because of many reasons, but I just didn't know what to say or what she wanted from me. I finally did call only to find out she had committed suicide the day before. So, now when I have a mental intuition to call, go see or anything like that, I do it. I don't know if my calling would have made a difference or if it might have just put off what she finally did. I still wish I had called her.

I have had a headache the last few days that has finally developed into a migraine, so I doubt that I can focus on anything more profound to say, so with regret, I'll say goodnight all.



5 comments:

Rummuser said...

That is an eerie experience to have. No wonder the very memory of it gave you migraine!

Grannymar said...

I empathise with you. When I suddenly think of somebody that I have not seen or heard from for some time, I must get in touch. Once I make enquiries or talk to them, then everything is fine. If I let the opportunity pass, I invariably get word that they are ill or have died.

I hope the migraine passes quickly. I understand your pain as both my mother had and now Elly suffers severe migraines.

Conrad said...

Life can certainly present intense and confusing messages, can't it?

Anna said...

I hope you're feeling better!

AS to that missed call, there are moments like that I too have felt, wishing later I'd acted upon my gut feeling. As I age, I find I'm more aware, perhaps not as on the ball as I'd like, but at least I'm making progress...

gaelikaa said...

I don't think you should dwell too much on that. Maybe she would have done it anyway. And maybe your just being around did help her in some way. You still can pray for her.